Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pinecone Accent #2

Hello QKR fans - today's card features once again the Pinecone Accent stamp. 
This is quickly becoming a favorite stamp of mine. 
I have done so many different things with it! 
This time I stamped the pinecones onto a piece of dark teal paper and added color with colored pencils.
I then brushed Distress crackle paint (Rock Candy) over the image and let it dry. Once it was dry - the cracks appear. To enhance the cracks I added distress ink over the top. 
It really brings out the cracks!

The distress crackle paint was really fun to use 
and adds so much!
This card could be a Christmas card, happy winter, whatever! 
So many options in one stamp!

The big news is we are having a blog hop this Friday! 
Frosty in July - featuring winter themed cards!
Here is a sneak peek of my card:
I hope that 'peaks' your interest! See you at the hop!
Until next time......

Barb

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the affect of the crackle paint--so much texture!! I also like that you added more dimension with the distress inks! Everything you have done with this stamp has been fantastic -- now I have to add it to my wish list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!!! Love the texture and crisp color the paint offers

    ReplyDelete