Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kristie's first Design Team post.

Hello All! This is my first posting as a new QKR Stampede Design Team member and I am thrilled to be here. I will be posting on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month, as well as posting on my blog on a regular basis. I'd love for you to stop by and see what I have to share on my blog too.

I made this card using the adorable Happy Tummy stamp from QKR Stampede. When I saw this little guy I knew I would love creating a card with him. I stamped the image onto white cardstock with Onyx Black Versafine ink. I love using this ink, as it is waterproof and I can use my watercolor crayons to color the image. I then stamped it with Red Whispers ink and cut out the top and bottom of the apple, this part was adhered to the image once I had 'fussy' cut around the entire image.

I used my SCAL2 program and my Cricut Expressions to create and cut the apple shaped card, then adhered the cut out image to the front of the card with foam tape to give it a little dimension.

The 'Celebrate' that I added to the front of the card is from Forever in Time Vintage Classics Rub-Ons.

The white dash lines were done with an Ultimate Gel Pen.

For the inside of this card I cut a smaller apple on my Expressions, then printed the sentiment from my computer. This was adhered to the inside of the card with my ATG tape gun.

Thanks for stopping by today! We all hope you will make the QKR Stampede Blog a regular daily stop. Leave a comment and let me know what you think of my card.

6 comments:

  1. Really cute, Kristie! Very creative to incorporate for Thanksgiving! Great first design team post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Kristie!!! Love the inside sentiment! Welcome to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your shaped card. The sentiment inside is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get this card!! The mouse looks just how I feel every Thanksgiving! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, I like the apple shaped card. Nice job coloring the clothing!

    ReplyDelete